Saturday 28 January 2012

Down the rabbit hole......a day of alternative therapy. Part Two.

So off I wandered on my newly-tweaked feet, to find a dwelling with a misleadingly average address.

I knew I'd found the right house before I'd even got near to it. It was painted a vivid, warm hue and had a peaceful zen garden out the front. It didn't belong in the road of drab two up-two downs. I knocked the swirling brass knocker against the wood and was greeted by the Crystal Seller, a lady with a vast knowledge of her wares.

As I moved through her house I was stunned by bright, cheery colours. Each room contained a myriad of treasures: on shelves, tables and bookcases. A huge buddha sat in the garden, peering into the Kitchen. On every surface sat Crystals of types from common to unknown and in the corner of the lounge a large Amethyst Geode surveyed it's kingdom.

The lady took me to the corner of the room where crystals adorned every space on the bookshelf. She said she was pleased I'd come to see her as many people buy crystals on the internet which is a terrible idea. Apparently there are lots of crystal scams such as selling polished glass or injecting clear quartz with colour. As well as this, you are meant to choose your own crystals. They are meant to 'call' to you.

Now, I cannot admit to hearing the voice of the crystals calling although I did listen. Instead, I choose the ones I thought were the prettiest. That's one way of doing it!

Crystals and their energies are used in healing which you can read more about here but I just wanted a few to scatter around me and send me good vibes.

I'd been sent by the reflexologist to get particular crystals for their particular properties.

Rose Quartz
I choose a rough cut one like this, triangular shaped that sits like a little Buddha. It was £1. Not quite Swarovksi prices...

According to Spiritwalkercrystals.com, Rose Quartz is known as the stone of unconditional love. It both attracts love to those who carry or wear it and teaches self love. Rose Quartz calms and heals the mind, allowing you to let go of worry and fear. It is good for healing old emotional wounds and prepares you for future love.


Amethyst

Easily my favourite because it is so pretty, I went all out and bought a 'flower' Amethyst. Apparently Amethyst is one of the master healers. It's a good choice for stress and anxiety and is useful for strengthening the immune system following illness. It's also good for creative energy.

And it's pretty!




Citrine


One I'd never heard of, Citrine is a yellow-gold stone. The one I chose was polished and had sparkly bits in it. It's meant to be an energetic stone so I can't put it next to my bed as I was told it would disturb my sleep. So I put it in my car! Citrine is a lovely golden yellow colour and is known as 'The Merchants Stone' as it attracts financial wealth, which would be nice. It is said to bring sunshine to your life and help guide you. It dispels negative energy.

I'm open-minded but I don't think crystals have the power to cure all my woes...but they are beautiful to have around and it's comforting to think something is sending you good vibes all day or all night long.

By Wednesday evening I had a pocketful of crystals, light feet and an interesting story to tell. Not something that happens everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment