Monday 21 May 2012

No such word as can't!

I've come across a fellow blogger who has definitely got achievements to shout about.  This lady is writing an online autobiography and has this to say:

I do hope that by writing my Blog that it may help people with a disfigurement. When I received my burns in 1966 there was no support groups/burns clubs to turn to for advice, it was just a matter of getting on with life and making the most of it. So that's what I did, and I believe I have been lucky to live such a great life filled with family and friends who have always gave me encouragement and support.


Her blog has a jaunty and easy-to-read tone but inside the posts are many poignant moments and a difficult journey.  Burn technology has come along greatly in the last few decades and some of the less refined procedures this lady has endured bring sympathetic tears to my eyes!  Grafts are a vicious procedure today, even with all the medical advances, so I can't imagine how it was for her.

This lady has defied expectation, from simply surviving to becoming a Mother.  She's an inspiration for others who are coming to terms with a difference.  Definitely worth reading and following!


No comments:

Post a Comment