Tuesday 15 November 2011

The hardest step yet....

After all I've been through, I thought today would be easier. Just another small step on the path of recovery; going back to the site of the accident. However, I couldn't even go near the specific area. About three hours before I was due to leave, I begun to feel really sick. This isn't something that usually happens to me and I didn't realise I was going to be so stressed. Once I got in the car I had another mini-freak out; I had to wait until I was calm before I could leave.

At the site, I met one of my closest friends, who helped me with the situation. She was really supportive and she took me around. I couldn't stay too long, it was too much! So I then came home.

I don't want to go into lots of details about it this experience but I feel both proud of myself and completely drained. I underestimated how hard it would be. If you are going back to a location then make sure you take someone very supportive with you and choose your time wisely.

Now, I am going to sit and watch T.V and have a glass of red wine. (And a pint of water to balance it out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment