Tuesday 22 November 2011

The Year of the Engagement

This year or more precisely this month, I have seen a flurry of engagements happening among my social group. All very exciting, there is nothing better than a good wedding and seeing your friends-in-love get hitched. One of my girls invited me to go to a wedding dress fitting with her as she is not sure what type of dress she wants to go for. Who knew there were so many 'looks' for a bride? Elegant, glamourous, understated, pretty, romantic, classic, alternative...after the dress fitter had finished her list we couldn't remember where she had started. Then my friend pointed at a sparkly, lace number and said, 'that one.' Dress picking at it's most refined.

Looking at all the dresses made me realise I can't wear any of your average styles for at least 2 years, should I want to. The dresses left expanses of shoulders, chest, arms....all a no-no for me at the moment and possibly, let's face it, forever. Although extremely happy for my friend sweeping about in a dress of epic corsetry, the only sweep for me was the one of frustration and angst that came over me.

I decided to get to work on Google and see what I could find that would be suitable for someone with injuries on the upper parts of their body. I deduced that yes, there are dresses that are both pretty (elegant, understated, glamourous etc...!) and covered up. Most of the dresses I have featured in the following post are not entirely suitable for me, so a dress-maker would probably be needed to select and combine elements (start saving now!) But there is no realise why covered-up has to be boring or overly 'monarch' looking.

So, please see wedding dresses galore on the next post, all a bit unconventional but stunning. I have my eye on the entirely backless one with sleeves...

No comments:

Post a Comment