Monday 28 November 2011

Spa.....ahhhhh!

For anyone recovering from an accident I would recommend going to a spa. In fact, I'd recommend it to anyone, recovering or not!

I went to Lifehouse in Frinton.



The Magic Faraway Tree!

Lifehouse has 130 acres of Enid Blyton style gardens...just beautiful. Miniature waterfalls, Harry Potter style whomping willows and lakes upon lakes of lilly-strewn waters. At this time of year the trees shone with russets, mahogany and golds. The mossy grass was thick with crispy leaves and crunchy with pine cones. Here and there were clumps of toadstools; almost complete with fairies!



Treatments

My man had a back massage and facial which, although a little girlie, he enjoyed. Although this came with the package as standard, they changed mine to a 'fabulous pins' treatment. And it was fabulous!

I had my legs massaged and exfoliated and then my scalp massaged; it was wonderful. The therapist said my little toe was 'crunchy' and asked if the burn was on my right shoulder...which it is! She said this was showing up in my feet and recommended reflexology. If you go to a spa I would definitely suggest asking for a treatment that is entirely suitable for you and your current injuries rather than adapting a treatment and trying to avoid areas. Otherwise it won't be relaxing as you will be worrying that you might get caught in a sensitive area.

Swimming

I found this more difficult than I thought I would initially and didn't go in on the first day. When I got back to the room I had a comment from http://www.esthersabetpour.com/ and it made me feel completely differently. Her photography really reveals what it is like to be in our situation. Esther has a beautiful face and body, albeit some areas now different to the ones she was born with. Her comment came at just the right time for me, thank you!

I strutted my stuff around the poolside, went in the jacuzzi (top half out because of the heat) and didn't shy away at all. I was surprised to find people barely looked at me. A couple of people glanced across me but didn't stare. All in all, it was a very positive experience.



And the rest...

The spa had several amazing massage chairs so even if you weren't scheduled in for a treatment you could go and get some relaxation. I also really enjoyed the meditation class that we took. I think I might look into this to help with my recovery.

I felt relaxed for the first time in a long time. Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment