Friday 11 November 2011

A small step for most, a giant leap for PhoenixRising!

Today is a very significant day. I am going to meet some people who saw my accident. This is very brave of me because I hate people seeing me in vulnerable positions and I haven't seen them since it happened. But it is time!

SO

It actually went very well. People greeted me and asked me about how I was. I tried to give positive answers and summarise what has been happening and how I've been feeling. After all, I don't know these people really well. When people ask, 'how are you?' It is best to remember that this is a rhetorical question, a gesture of politeness. They don't want to hear your life story and the ins and outs of your day. Especially when most of your day revolves around what's on T.V.

If you start to complain about how depressed you are; you will feel more depressed! Best to focus on the positives, however small!

Slowly we all slipped back into the type of chat we would normally have, what people had been up to and what they were doing at the weekend. It felt as if nothing had ever happened. A very nice feeling! This is a strong step forward for me. The next step is going back to the site where it happened...next week. This is more of a worry for me, I don't know how I will feel.

A small step at a time....



No comments:

Post a Comment