Monday 31 October 2011

Seriously tired of being seriously tired.

I recently realised I had reverted back to my student routine, just without any of the fun. There's no going out, meeting in the pub, late nights, wine nights, great nights... but there is sleeping in until midday, unable to get up, headaches, voice loss, kidney infections and sitting around all day...eating. Gaining weight. Daytime TV. Afternoon naps.

I am seriously tired of being seriously tired.


Everything wears me out. If I plan an event, I have to plan to recover for the next three days. At least.

Here's an example.

At the weekend it was my Mum's 50th birthday; not an event I want to miss, recovering or not. It took several hours to get ready to go out in public. I dressed creatively to hide all my woes, with a high neck, long sleeve lace bodysuit under my dress. As it was a Murder Mystery dinner for Halloween, this didn't look out of place.

Neither did lots of gothic make-up, hiding a multitude of sins!

The night was great. I drank 4 litres of water during the evening, to offset my 2 glasses of wine. Despite this, by 10.30pm, I was losing my voice!

I croaked my way til midnight. The clock struck 12 and Cinderella turned back into Frankenstein. We stayed at the hotel so I didn't have to travel home and could touch up my make-up or go to bed early if I needed.

When I woke up, my voice was gone. All I could do was gasp like a fish!

It does feel like I'm being punished for trying to have any fun. I don't think I'm asking much these days. I'm not exactly dancing the night away, slamming down shots or going out night after night. I just want to be able to go to special events. So far I've tried a wedding (too much; got a kidney infection) and my Mum's birthday (voice loss.) Each event has been something I really don't want to miss, so I've put up with the consequences.

But I'm asking myself this...how long will it be before I can enjoy myself without any?

No comments:

Post a Comment