Wednesday 19 October 2011

Wheels!


Thanks to a very knowledgeable friend, my car was jump started back to it's former glory last night.

I love driving but after my accident the thought of even turning the key in the ignition was too much.

When I came out of the hospital, my knuckles were white from gripping the dashboard. I could see accidents everywhere and I was very nervous. And I wasn't even driving!

This wasn't helped by my research on skin grafts. I discovered lots of people had grafts because they had car accidents. This really put me off!

Despite having an explosion related accident, I was nervous of all accidents. This is something that has faded a bit but I still struggle with seeing accidents everywhere. The other day a bike cycled past me at high speed and in my mind I saw it veering towards me. I just tell myself I'm being silly. Statistically, it's unlucky a bike will hit me. I've survived nearly 27 years without a bike hitting me, so why would it now?

Back to the point, I love driving. When I got my car it opened a whole new world to me. No more commuting across London for hours, no more carrying my school marking...in the last couple of weeks I've really missed it.

So it was time to get it running. I was actually amazed when it coughed back into life. It had been left upwards of 3 months and it is an old car. It coughed, it spluttered, the alarm went off (several times!) and eventually.....Polo was back.

No comments:

Post a Comment