Monday 17 October 2011

Cover (up!) Girl

One of the hardest things for me to cope with has been the cosmetic side of a burns injury.

I am VERY lucky that I have only got a tiny scar under my nose, one under my eye and one on my forehead near my hairline. My main issue is that my face is red/scorched. AND I keep getting spots on the damaged skin. (I say spots, they are more like little blisters.)

The only positive thing is that my eyelashes have grown back longer!!!!

One of the things I have experimented with is camouflage make-up. I am having a makeup lesson this week but I've had to wait 3 months for it, too long when you feel very self conscious. So I did some googling and set out with very little information....

I couldn't find much guidance for camouflage makeup, so I have created a post to help others.

I have also had to update - ok, replace - my wardrobe as my clothes are completely inappropriate now. I have created a couple of posts with some of the ingenious ideas I've had....

In my 'disguise,' no one would know I've had an accident and while I continue to recover, this is such a comfort!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment