Monday 17 October 2011

Friday 22nd July

On the morning of Friday 22nd July, I was excited about the 6 weeks holidays.

By the afternoon of Friday 22nd July, I was in hospital with 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 14% of my body.

The recovery process for burns is a long, long time. It's not like leaning over an iron and catching your skin. It takes up to 2 years for the skin to repair itself as much as it can. After 2 years, what's left is what you're stuck with.

I've set up this blog for a couple of reasons.

1) To share all the useful info I've found out already. It might save another person some time and effort!

2) To document what has been a terrible, painful time; raising awareness of burns and safety when using BBQs, bonfires and other sources of heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment