Thursday 20 October 2011

Removing Dermanblend make-up...a feat in itself!

As camouflage make-up is thicker and highly pigmented it is difficult to get off using conventional removers. With a combination of trial and error and some helpful sales people, I have found the answer!



I have been using Clinique take the day off cleansing balm. It's £20 for a tub and it lasts a very long time. It's a solid block or 'balm' that you rub your fingers across and then gently rub the wax into your skin. It dissolves hard-to-remove camouflage make-up and sunscreen too. Then I remove it gently with cotton wool like a normal cleanser. After that I wash my face to make sure it doesn't clog my easily-cloggable pores.

Although it is quite oily on the skin it doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy as long as you wash it off with water afterwards.

It isn't really suitable for removing eye make-up simply because it's hard to apply on your eyes.



For my eyes I have been using Lancome Bi Facil. This is quite gentle but you must make sure to hold it on the lashes to dissolve the make-up instead of scraping it off and irritating your eye area. I had burns around my eyes so I need something sensitive such as this. However, as it is quite a gentle removing action, it takes some time to get all make-up off successfully and some mornings I have had panda eyes!

If anyone has used something more effective on their eyes, do let me know!



When I first got my make-up I was so excited to use it, I couldn't wait to buy any remover. I hadn't realised just how resilient Dermablend was. I did discover that bio oil works really well if you have nothing else. It's just it's a bit expensive to be smearing liberally over your face as cleanser!

I have my official make-up lesson today so I will share any illuminating information I discover.....

No comments:

Post a Comment